Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cancer Sucks!!


Recently... June 08.. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had a Lumpectomy in early July and went through Mammo-site radiation the end of July. I have had no problems and really even now, not having any problems. I will start Chemo mid September and that is where the problem lies. ANTICIPATION!! I think I have decided on which therapy to do (Adriamycin/Cytoxan/Taxotere) because everything I have read... I think this will be best. But oh, when you read about the side effects, I would rather have someone punch me in the nose every day for a year, that do all this.
I know I need to remember that everyone is different and I may have 1 or 12 or none of the side effects. A good friend (who just went through) the same thing told me for her it was like having a hang-over everyday. I wonder what kind.... The "I have 3 beers and one shot of tequila" or the "after 10 long islands, and a couple of shots, I was doing WHAT??!??"
But thinking and waiting for what is to come sucks!! anticipation.

I feel like I am 7 again going off the high dive and getting up there and saying "Never mind, I don't want to" Well (this) I really don't want to. Which of course I know I must do to ensure life and, I know I will get through this because I am not the only one going through it. There are thousands of women (and some men) that are and have been in exactly the same place I am. So if you find your self here, reading my incoherent whining. Send a positive thought and or prayer my way. Thank you.

No comments:

About Me

Moses Lake, Washington, United States